First Experience Visiting Art Exhibition: ARTJOG

On Wednesday 23rd March 2018 my friends and I visited the ART|JOG exhibition located in Wirobrajan Yogyakarta. ART|JOG is an annual exhibition that showcasing various artworks such as visual art, music, dancing, and performing art. That was my first time visiting an art exhibition and I had so much fun with my friends.

Taking a selfie is a must for us if we are visited someplace, right? Yes, we took a selfie in front of ART|JOG written in a big font at the park. We bought the ticket and got in, guess what? we were greeted by 'Sea remembers’ that become the masterpiece of this year. Do you know what is the masterpiece in an art exhibition? Masterpiece is the centre of place usually located at the entrance. 'Sea remembers’ is a work of art that shows the beautiful world under the sea. After watching the masterpiece I walked down to the halls filled with paintings, statues, and digitals artwork I had never seen before and it was an amazing experience.

Come to the end we headed to the exit door and there were the stage for music, dancing, and performing art which starts at 08.30 PM. Unfortunately, time didn’t allow me to see the performance. With a total of 3 floors and among 64 arts, there are 3 most interesting arts in my opinion:

1. Sea Remembers by Mulyana Mogus and friends.


Sea remembers is artwork that shows the beautiful world under the sea. This art made of wool yarn, acrylic yarn, polyester yarn, fibre, dacon, resin, welded wire mesh and felt fabric which make this artwork looks more colourful.

2. Intensity over Density, over Intensity by Jigger Cruz.


In these series of works, finding objects and a given ground has been puzzled into a new layer of abstraction. I love it because this art is comfortable to look at.

3. Chinese God of War by Ichwan Noor.


A statue of Guan Yu, The God of War. This artwork is intended as a metaphor for a fight of China’s influence in the global constellation. I love it because surprisingly this statue is made of auto parts. Wow!
In my opinion ART|JOG is an art experience that provides a melting pot for new ideas and thoughts in the arts. Anyone with the background in visual arts, music, dancing and performing arts would have the opportunity to meet each other. For people who want to just look around also be able to understand the meaning behind an art because there are staffs who will patiently answer all your questions. That was my experience, I’d like to visit again next year if I have a chance. All the best for ART| JOG.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sura and Baya Statue